Assistant Field Officer
The Assistant Field Officer can serve a critical role in supporting OneVillage Partners’ operations in Sierra Leone. Based in rural Kailahun District, eastern Sierra Leone in a remote area without access to electricity or running water, the Assistant Field Officer supports the work of the American Field Officer and will be one of two expatriate staff amongst twenty Sierra Leonean counterparts.
The goal of the position is to support the work of the Field Officer by conducting meetings, running trainings, writing reports, developing success stories with photos and video, preparing budgets, and designing and implementing grassroots development programming while working alongside community members.
- Previous experience living and traveling abroad, especially in a rural environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in relevant field
- In good general health (Will require doctor’s note)
- Ability to self-fund or fundraise to cover costs
- Patience and ability to cope with stressful work and living environment
- Outstanding work ethic, ability to work independently
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent communicator, especially writing
- Outstanding computer skills, especially Excel
- Experience with training/teaching/curriculum development a major plus
- Photography/videography experience a plus
- Master’s Degree, preferably in relevant field
At this time, OneVillage Partners does not have sufficient means to support the position of Assistant Field Officer. The position is open for any qualified individual who is willing to self-fund and fundraise to cover his or her costs for a minimum 10-month stay in Sierra Leone. Approximate cost for a 10-month stay including travel is $6,000. In exchange, OneVillage Partners will provide the individual invaluable experience in on-the-ground international development work in a rural setting. OneVillage Partners is also willing to work with an individual to help submit a grant application for fundraising for this position.
If interested, or for more information, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org