Women’s Financial Empowerment Progam Manager
Position Status: Full Time Location: Bunumbu, Sierra Leone
Position Type: Salaried Employee
OVP is seeking a full-time Program Manager for our Nurturing Opportunities for Women (NOW) program in Bunumbu, Sierra Leone. NOW is a financial literacy and women’s empowerment program offered through an innovative picture-based, interactive method to reach low-literacy women to unleash their natural ability to set, plan, and achieve financial and life goals. The Program Manager will have the opportunity to work directly with women’s groups, to build and develop the program, and manage the NOW program staff. The person will be a strategic thought-partner, a member of the Sierra Leone Management Team and report directly to the Country Director (CD). This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure the effectiveness and positive impact of the NOW program. He/she will develop curriculum, monitor program progress and prepare regular reports. The successful candidate will be a hands-on participatory manager that will lead and develop the NOW team to expand the program into new villages.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Development and Quality (25%).
- Develop and manage M&E plans.
- Adapt current curriculum and program support to the needs of the participants.
- Assist with curriculum development for phase 2 and 3 of the NOW program.
- Staff Supervision, Coaching and Development (25%)
- Conduct training needs assessments for program staff.
- Coordinate staff trainings.
- Approve and monitor individual work plans.
- Manage annual staff evaluations.
- Assist with weekly and monthly staff meetings.
- Documentation, Learning and Reporting (20%)
- Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories.
- Complete monthly program reports.
- Facilitate regular program debriefing sessions.
- Financial Management and reporting (5%)
- Manage project expenditure in line with approved budgets
- Develop annual program budgets
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports
- Planning and Coordination (10%)
- Represent the project to local stakeholders
- Develop annual operational and strategic plans
- Develop monthly activity plans and oversee their implementation
- Facilitate NOW Program staff meetings and debriefs
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, a masters an advantage
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience managing programs and supervising staff, preferably for a non-profit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and ease in computer based tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability and communication skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- High level of financial acumen and experience creating and managing a variety of budgets
- Specialized knowledge and experience with savings group programming, managing finances and or microfinance groups
- Experiential learning background and understanding
- Curriculum development and training experience
- Willingness to commit to 2 years contract, living and working in rural Sierra Leone
- Flexible, resourceful, persistent and willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Energetic, hardworking and enthusiastic team player
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, with a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthiness
- Strong ability to work independently
- Exceptional problem solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and in possession of a valid licenses.
- Proficiency in Mende
- Email CV, letter of intent, and three references to Jennifer@onevillagepartners.org by June 26th, 2015.
- Start Date: __August 2015__
- Women strongly encouraged to apply.